Happy New Year! Here’s to a positive and productive 2014! With the champagne at midnight comes talk of New Year’s Resolutions; with mid-January comes the inevitable test of willpower! Maybe you haven’t been to the gym as much as you hoped so far, but there’s still time to make a resolution and stick to it. This year you can resolve to help homeless black cats by taking a few easy steps right from where you are!
Here are a bunch of easy ways to help Black Cat Rescue rescue, rehabilitate and re-home black cats in our community:
- Share/Retweet and like content on social media. When a social media post receives more shares/retweets and likes, it is seen by more people. A future adopter for one of our cats could be just a share away!
- View our content on Sulia. Black Cat Rescue receives financial support from Sulia when you view our content on their page. A quick click can help a cat get all necessary veterinary care before going to her new home.
- Donate a tweet to Black Cat Rescue with JustCoz. JustCoz allows you to donate one tweet per day to Black Cat Rescue, this will automatically generate a Black Cat Rescue tweet from your account for us. This helps us get our message out on twitter and exposes our cats to more potential adoptive homes!
- Shop through Amazon Smile for Black Cat Rescue. When you shop through Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to Black Cat Rescue. Link Black Cat Rescue to your account, and do your regular shopping through a special smile.amazon.com link to donate!
- Donate through PayPal. You can make a one-time or recurring monthly donation to Black Cat Rescue on Paypal. Recurring donations are especially important to Black Cat Rescue as we rely on these to sustain our day-to-day operations and pay veterinarian bills for every cat we take in.
- Offer your expertise as a volunteer. Black Cat Rescue is staffed entirely by volunteers and we are always looking for help. If you have a special skill like photography, you can help us with one project or on an ongoing basis. In the past, supporters have helped with banners and posters for fundraisers, tax preparation, and the design and implementation of our website. If you think you can help, contact us through http://www.blackcatrescue.com.
- Plan or host a fundraiser. Fundraising events give Black Cat Rescue a valuable source of income that allows us to fund the veterinary care of some of our special needs cats. If you hear about a fundraising event opportunity or would like to host a fundraiser for Black Cat Rescue, contact us on http://www.blackcatrescue.com.
- Foster a black cat. Black Cat Rescue has no physical animal shelter. We are a network of diverse foster families who care for homeless black cats in our homes. A cat has an average stay of 12-16 weeks in foster care, most of our cats are happy healthy cats who just need a place to stay until their forever home is found. Please visit http://www.blackcatrescue.com to complete a Foster Volunteer Profile
Your resolution to help Black Cat Rescue can help us save more homeless black cats in 2014!