- #Adoptable What's better than one cat in a box? 📦 Two! Sweet Andi is looking for a furever home with a kitty she c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- #TransformationTuesday #HappyTail Rosebud came to us in July with high thyroid levels and was completely covered in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- June is Adopt-A-Cat Month! New shirts on sale to raise awareness for cat adoption, and to help raise funds to care… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- Enzo thinks he is trying out to be in the Kitty Halftime Show. We think he's a star! Adoptable in MA ❤️ @ Arlington… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- Meet Lola! Lola has a severe case of pica, which basically means she eats and chews on lots of inedible things. Her… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
Search the Archives
Most Popular Posts
Join 18,214 other subscribers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Monthly Archives: January 2015
We are very pleased to announce the adoption of Stella!
Stella came to Black Cat Rescue in October. She is 9 years old and had lived in one home her whole life. She’d never even been to the vet so she was quite terrified to be put in a carrier and transported to her foster home. Stella was scared in her new foster home, but slowly came out and eventually felt totally at home and was very affectionate and sweet. She even learned to play with a laser pointer!
Fran was looking for a cat after she had to put her old cat down in the Fall. She was very eager to add a cat to her quiet home and she found Stella’s profile and thought she’d be perfect. During the visit, Stella was nervous and mostly hid, but came out and checked out Fran a bit. Fran saw how sweet and beautiful she is, and brought her home!
We expected Stella to totally hide for a few days, but after 12 hours Fran said Stella had already come out from hiding and brushed against her legs a few time, and had even let Fran pick her up and pet her. These two ladies are a perfect pair! Congrats, Stella!
It’s been too long since we’ve posted a Happy Tails announcement on our blog! For the end of 2014, BCR chose to focus on getting our neediest medical cases all squared away. Paige is one of those cases!
Paige came to BCR in December from a large Boston-area animal shelter. Once in her foster home, she was not eating at all and starting displaying some odd neurological symptoms such as clumsiness and different sized pupils. BCR quickly brought Paige to the ER and it was determined that she had a very deep ear infection. Paige was clearly sweet and loving, but her lovey demeanor was masking her illness!
BCR immediately began treatment for Paige’s era infection, but Paige still wasn’t regaining her appetite. Paige needed pretty intensive care to ensure she was getting the nutrition she needed to recover. A rescue partner fostered Paige after her visit to the ER to monitor her recovery and fatten her up! Once Paige was feeling better, she came back to foster care at BCR.
In a funny twist of events, Paige’s new forever family was delivered with the mail! BCR Co-Founder Jen lives in an apartment building and the mail carrier had mistakenly delivered some of Jen’s mail to a neighbor named Bryan. When Bryan returned the mail, a quick chat revealed he’d actually been thinking about adopting a cat to hang out with his roommate’s guinea pigs. Jen mentioned a few cats including Paige, and the rest is history! Bryan and his roommate met Paige and immediately fell in love.
Foster volunteer Nadja had a hard time saying good bye to this sweet girl. We are very happy that Paige is healthy, and now happy in a new forever home. Congratulations to Paige and Bryan!